Saturday, January 21, 2017

Casa da Eira dos Nove Vintage


It's hard to start again but sometimes it is the best thing you can do. 
For over 5 years I have been dedicating myself to clean the farm from my parents, plant trees, move soil, clean old water draining systems, etc...

It took a lot of time and effort to change things and unfortunately I can no longer work together with my father. This change set me back a lot, since I was improving all the Farm (about 20 000 m²).

Right now I'm working together with my mom (Ires) and her boyfriend (Rolf), and we agreed to use half of the land since one half belongs to my mom. This "alliance" is bringing us closer together and improving our lifestyle and eco-friendly living. 

(But this progress is meant for a different post.)

To sum up, we are using 10 000 m² from my mom and Casa da Eira dos Nove has around 5000 m² at the moment 

(we are thinking about buying a land from a neighbor if we manage to get enough funds)

This is just so you have and idea of how much work this can be.
I called this post vintage because I want to show all the old pictures from the house and the history as far as I can track it back.

So this is the house in 2004. 

Looks naked compared to today pictures. I checked my old Photo albums but I couldn't find a picture before 2004, I know I have at least one. If I find it I will add it here.



The good thing on this picture is that you can see the "Eira" completely free and cleaned and this was the way people used to dry or organize their harvest.


Here we have the garden before all the changes.



Later we have build a roof here to store wood.



The Peach Tree



A lot needed to be planted...



Keep following us and leave or comments/suggestions, because we would love to read from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment